top of page

Cancer Research Group

Public·90 members

425000 YouTube Views

I would have been wrong in that assessment. It turns out lots of people like to watch that. Several surveys have shown that YouTube is one of the most-used platforms for podcast consumption right behind Apple and Spotify, and there are now dozens of podcasts that regularly rack up millions of video views.

425000 YouTube Views

The trend started with YouTubers, of course. Many already had the cameras and mics, and so they built makeshift podcast recording studios where they chatted with their fellow video creators. Shows like the H3 Podcast and Impaulsive not only amassed millions of subscribers on their main YouTube channels, but they also launched spinoff channels that aggregated short segments from their longer shows. The H3 Podcast \u201Chighlights\u201D channel, for instance, has over 800 million views. The Impaulsive \u201Cclips\u201D channel has 650 million.

Traditional podcasters were slow to adopt this trend, mostly because there wasn\u2019t a good way to record video for remote interviews. Zoom calls had poor sound quality and the video often didn\u2019t match up perfectly to the audio. But over the last year, tools like Zencastr and Squadcast have rolled out their own video tools that record natively to each participant\u2019s machine, thereby ensuring that the video isn\u2019t subjected to internet latency. Sure, you have to spend extra time editing the two separate files together, but the improvement to sound and video quality are well worth it.

I recently started recording video versions of my podcast interviews, and this week I posted the first one to YouTube. It probably added about two hours to my workload, but I saw a significant increase in YouTube views as a result (before I was just uploading an audio file with a static image of my podcast logo). I\u2019m not someone who\u2019s adept at video editing, but the beauty of video podcasts is that they don\u2019t require high production values.

Commentary is produced by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), a private, tax-exempt institution focusing on international public policy issues. Its research is nonpartisan and nonproprietary. CSIS does not take specific policy positions. Accordingly, all views, positions, and conclusions expressed in this publication should be understood to be solely those of the author(s).

This website was produced under U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs No. H328R180005. The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of the Department of Education. No official endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education of any product, commodity, service or enterprise mentioned on this website is intended or should be inferred. This product is public domain. Authorization to reproduce it in whole or in part is granted. While permission to reprint material from this website is not necessary, the citation should be: Center for Parent Information and Resources (retrieval date). Title of the document, Newark, NJ, Author. 076b4e4f54

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page